Welcome! I’m really into fall right now and all of the great treats that come with it—Pumpkin Bread is one! I tried a recipe before for Pumpkin Bread and it was a flop. After experimenting in the kitchen, I created the perfect bread! Check out the recipe below.
- 1 15oz can of pure pumpkin
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cloves (you can a use 1/2 teaspoon if you find cloves to be too strong)
- 1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon (you can add more cinnamon if you like the flavor)
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter–softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract (clear or brown)
- Step 1: Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Step 2: In a large bowl, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, clove, cinnamon and nutmeg. Lightly mix together.
- Step 3: Grab a fresh mixing bowl. In this bowl, add the softened butter and sugar– mix well. At this point the mixture will look crumbly—that’s perfect.
- Step 4: Add the eggs to the sugar and butter mix and blend just until the mixture becomes fluffy.
- Step 5: Add your flour mixture to the fluffy egg and sugar mixture along with the pumpkin puree—mix well until ingredients are mixed. At this point, you can add vanilla to the mixture if you desire.
- Step 6: When your mix is blended well, grease two 8×4 inch loaf pans with cooking spray or butter. Also, add a little flour to the bottom of the pans to prevent sticking.
- Step 7: Pour mixture evenly into both pans.
- Step 8: Bake on 325 for 60-65 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!!
- Do not overbake the bread.
- I suggest using a hand mixer or stand mixer. It is really hard to combine all ingredients with a whisk or spoon.
- Make sure your bread is cool enough before serving.