Welcome! I’m really into fall right now and all of the great treats that come with it—Pumpkin Bread is one! I tried a recipe before for Pumpkin Bread and it was a flop. After experimenting in the kitchen, I created the perfect bread! Check out the recipe below.
- 1 15oz can of pure pumpkin
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cloves (you can a use 1/2 teaspoon if you find cloves to be too strong)
- 1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon (you can add more cinnamon if you like the flavor)
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter–softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract (clear or brown)
- Step 1: Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Step 2: In a large bowl, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, clove, cinnamon and nutmeg. Lightly mix together.
- Step 3: Grab a fresh mixing bowl. In this bowl, add the softened butter and sugar– mix well. At this point the mixture will look crumbly—that’s perfect.
- Step 4: Add the eggs to the sugar and butter mix and blend just until the mixture becomes fluffy.
- Step 5: Add your flour mixture to the fluffy egg and sugar mixture—mix well until ingredients are mixed. At this point, you can add vanilla to the mixture if you desire.
- Step 6: When your mix is blended well, grease two 8×4 inch loaf pans with cooking spray or butter. Also, add a little flour to the bottom of the pans to prevent sticking.
- Step 7: Pour mixture evenly into both pans.
- Step 8: Bake on 325 for 60-65 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!!
- Do not overbake the bread.
- I suggest using a hand mixer or stand mixer. It is really hard to combine all ingredients with a whisk or spoon.
- Make sure your bread is cool enough before serving.